The 2017 Thurston County Fair schedule of entertainment and events is now available at www.ThurstonCountyFair.org. The fair will be open from Wednesday, August 2 through Sunday, August 6.
The last day to purchase discount carnival ride armbands is Tuesday, Aug 1. Visit www.ThurstonCountyFair.org and click on "Fair News" for more information about discount carnival armbands and other discounts and deals.
Live & Local concert series: The Live & Local line-up on the Food Court features South Sound favorites like
Forgotten 45's on Wednesday August 2
Oly Lemmings on Thursday, August 3
Oly Mountain Boys on Friday August 4
Off Ramp Undertones on Saturday, August 5
Puget Sound Barber Shop on Sunday, August 6
The Les Schwab stage will feature names like
Big Blue Van on Wednesday, August 2
Six Pack Pretty on Friday, August 4
Blues County Sheriff on Saturday, August 5
Almost Blue and Backlash on Sunday August 6
The KACS radio station will also feature the Robbie Sea Band, Sat. Aug. 5. at the County Fair.
Get more Live & Local details and other entertainment information at www.ThurstonCountyFair.org by clicking on the "Entertainment" tab.
Games and entertainment: There are many returning old time favorite games on The Green in 2017, which are free and can be enjoyed by everyone. Some old time fun games in this year's fair include:
Friday, August 4
11 a.m. Slug Shooting Contest
2 p.m. Diaper Derby
5 p.m. Rubber Chicken Toss
Saturday August 5th
2 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. Watermelon Eating Contest
3:30 p.m. Hula Hoop Contest
5 p.m. Father-Son look-alike contest and a Mother-Daughter look-alike contest
Sunday Aug 6th
11:30 a.m. Bubble Gum Blowing Contest
2 p.m. Hay Scramble
For more information about events and other fair entertainment and attractions, go to www.ThurstonCountyFair.org and click on the "Daily Events Calendar" link.
There are also several fan favorites making a comeback this year at the fair, including:
- One Buck Wednesday on August 2, when admission is just $1 per person when you bring a non-perishable food donation for the Thurston County Food Bank. Tons of other $1 deals are featured inside the fair.
- Kid's Day Thursday, Aug 3. Kids 14 and under pay just $2 for admission, and carnival armbands that get you unlimited carnival rides for the day are buy-one-get-one free for your buddy (both buddies must be present at time of purchase). Don't forget, admission for kids 5 and under is always FREE at the fair!
- Military Appreciation Day is Friday, Aug 4. Active duty and retired military personnel and their families can get $2 admission per person to the fair with your military ID.
- Author's Corner is back in the Sokolik Building and will once again feature local authors selling books, greeting fans, and autographing everything from children's books to crime dramas.
- The Thurston County Commissioners Annual Pancake Breakfast on Saturday, Aug. 5th from 8:30-10 a.m. Breakfast is free with fair admission. Join us on the Gazebo Green on the east side of Heritage Hall.
- The annual Animal Market Sale will be in the Hicks Lake Barn on Saturday, Aug. 5th at 6 p.m.
- The annual 4-H Equine Western Games begin early at 8 a.m. on Sunday, Aug. 6.
To learn more about this year's events, entertainment and exhibits, contact the Thurston County
Fair Office at (360) 786-5453 or visit www.ThurstonCountyFair.org.
"Have a 'Hare-Raising' time at the Thurston County Fair!"
Aug 2 - Aug. 6