Agriculture Zoning Update
Thurston County is currently reviewing which lands are protected for agriculture of long-term commercial significance through Long-Term Agriculture (LTA) zoning and designation. This project is part of the Community Agricultural Program project.
Learn about the Agriculture Zoning Update
- View the online story map presentation.
- Read the fact sheet.
- Submit a comment on the Community Agriculture Program.
- Attend a community meeting in 2023:
- March 27, 6-7 p.m. South Union Grange #860 (south of Tumwater), 10030 Tilley Rd SW, Olympia.
- March 30, 6-7 p.m. Rochester High School, RHS Commons, 19800 Carper Rd SW, Rochester.
- April 4, 6-7 p.m. Yelm Community Center, 301 2nd St SE, Yelm.
- April 7, 6:30-7:30 p.m. Online Zoom, Register in Advance
- May – July 2023* - Planning Commission Review & Public Hearing
- August 2023* - SEPA Determination
- Sept-Nov. 2023* - BoCC Review & Public Hearing
- Nov-Dec. 2023* – Final Action Expected
*Meeting dates are tentative and subject to change. (Updated March 9, 2023)
- Read community input from past agriculture stakeholder meetings. Thurston County hosted seven stakeholder group meetings from October 2022 to February 2023.