Begins at 9:00 am Monday, May 16
Closes promptly at 4:00 pm Friday, May 20
In-person and drive-thru filing:
2400 Evergreen Park Drive SW
Olympia, WA 98502
Begins at 8:00 am Monday, May 16 and ends Friday, May 20 at 4:30 p.m.
By fax or email:
- Begins at 8:00 am Monday, May 16
- Must be received in the Auditor's Office by 4:30 pm on Friday, May 20
- 360.754.4591 or
- Beginning Monday, May 2
- Must be received in the Auditor's Office and filing fee paid by 4:30 pm on Friday, May 20
Download Declaration of Candidacy Form:
Benefits of Online Filing
- When filing is approved
- If another candidate files for the same position
- Whether candidate participates in the Primary or General Election
- Link to upload your voters' pamphlet statement and photo
Make sure you:
- Read all instructions carefully
- Pay your filing fee or have petition submitted before May 20 deadline
- File before the deadlines:
- Online filing closes promptly at 4:00 pm Friday, May 20
- In person filing closes promptly at 4:30 pm Friday, May 20
- Mailed filings must be in our office by 4:30 pm Friday, May 20
If you need assistance or have any questions:
- Contact our office at 360.786.5408 or
- Deaf & Hard-of-Hearing: 711 Washington Relay
All information provided is public record.
Precinct Committee Officer (PCO)
This office is not included in the Local Voters' Pamphlet.
Who is Eligible?
Anyone who is a registered voter may file for PCO. A candidate must file a Precinct Committee Officer Declaration of Candidacy form. Since voters do not register by political party in Washington, a candidate declares himself/herself to be a member of a political party at the time of filing.
- New beginning this year! If a Future Voter will be 18 by the day of the August 2, 2022 Primary Election, they can file to be a PCO during normal filing week.
PCO declaration of candidacy
Precinct Committee Officers are elected at the August Primary Election.
Since write-in candidates are not allowed for PCO races, if only one person files for office, they are deemed elected. If no one files for office, the position can be filled by the political party.
Candidate Ballot Order
The order of candidates on the Primary ballot or candidates moving directly to the General in Thurston County will be determined by random lot draw as required by RCW 29A.36.131. The random lot draw will be held shortly after 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 20.
The Thurston County Elections Office is located at:
2400 Evergreen Park Dr SW (The old Twin Star Credit Union building)
Olympia, WA 98502
Candidates or other interested parties are welcome to attend.
For candidates on the Primary ballot, ballot order during the November General Election is determined by results of the Primary. The candidate with the most votes in the Primary is listed first.