Signature Update Form
You may have received notice that you need to update your signature.
You can use this form.
Register to Vote
You can register to vote
mail or in-person at the
Thurston County Auditor's Office.
Qualifications for Registering to Vote
To register to vote you must be:
- A citizen of the United States.
- Residing at your current address for a minimum of 30 days before Election Day.
- A legal resident of Washington state.
- At least 18 years old by Election Day.
Confirm Your Voter Registration Status
You can confirm your voter registration status
online or by calling the Auditor's Elections team at 360.786.5408.
Update Your Voter Registration
You have a number of options for updating your voter registration because of a change in address, name or signature.
If you would like to update your voter registration with a new address in Thurston County, you can:
- Update your voting address
online through VoteWA (if you've already updated your driver's license or state identification card).
- Print and mail us a
new voter registration form.
- Call our office at 360.786.5408 with your new address.
- Write us a letter or email including your name, date of birth, old and new address, new mailing address (if different from voting address) and a daytime phone number.
If you would like to update your voter registration because of a name or signature change, you can:
- Complete a new
mail-in voter registration form
- Return an Address Confirmation Card. We will send you the card when the postal service returns mail to our office from your address of record.
- Send a letter to our
office with your old name, new name, residential address and new signature
- On your ballot return envelope, cross out your old name, print your new name and sign the declaration with your new name. We will update your previous registration with your new name and signature.
Canceling a Voter Registration
Fill out the following forms and return them to our
Cancel your voter registration.Cancel the registration of a deceased voter.