Minimum Qualifications for Filing as a Candidate
In order to qualify for filing as a candidate, you must meet the following requirements:
- Reside in the district for which you are filing.
- Be a registered voter at the time of filing.
- Some additional exceptions exist. For more information, please contact our office at 360.786.5408.
Some offices have additional requirements:
- Candidates for U.S. Senate must be 30 years old and a U.S. citizen for at least nine years.
- Candidates for U.S. House of Representatives must be 25 years old and a U.S. citizen for at least seven years.
- Judicial candidates must be members of the Washington State Bar Association.