SMP Public Participation
You can make a comment about the Shoreline Master Program (SMP), or see the public comments submitted to the Planning Commission about the SMP.
Learn about the SMP Update by viewing the SMP Update story map
Go to the Shoreline Master Program Comment Form to complete the form and submit your comment about proposed changes to the SMP.
To subscribe to the Community Planning mailing list, complete and submit the sign-up form. You'll receive all departmental updates, not just SMP news.
Below are public comments on the Shoreline Master Program update that were received prior to the launch of the SMP update virtual open house on August 13, 2021.
- 1_SMP Comments Provided to Planning Commission Dec 6, 2017
- 2_SMP Comments Provided to Planning Commission Mar 7, 2018 - Part 1
- 3_SMP Comments Provided to Planning Commission Mar 7, 2018 - Part 2
- 4_SMP Comments Provided to Planning Commission Nov 7, 2018
- 5_SMP Comments Provided to Planning Commission Dec 19, 2018
- 6_SMP Comments Provided to Planning Commission Mar 20, 2019
- 7_SMP Emails Received Since Mar 6, 2019
- 7a_Addl SMP Comments since Mar 6, 2019
- 7b_SMP Addl Comments received 04-18-2020 - 03-05-2021
- 7c_SMP comments received 3-15-21 - 8-12-21
- 8_Written Public Comment Provided At Planning Commission Meetings
- 9_Planning Commissioner Comments from PC Website
- A-27 - Public Comments_Matrix
- Ecology Comments SMP Chapter 19-400 (Aug 7, 2019 comments)
- Ecology Comments SMP DRAFT Jul 2018 Version (submitted March 2019)
- SMP Comments-from-10-17-17-SMP-Meeting (PDF)
- Thurston County SMP Comment Matrix (8-2021)