Development Code Docket
The Development Code Docket is a list of proposed changes to land use and development regulations. Anyone may request a change to development codes.
DEVELOPMENT CODE applications must be received by Nov. 15, 2023 for consideration in 2024.
2022 Docketing Information
Official DEVELOPMENT CODE Docket for 2022/23
The Board of County Commissioners approved the official list of requested changes below, on March 2022. See a PDF version of the Official Development Code Docket.
- A-13 Miscellaneous Clerical Errors - All Land Use Codes / BoCC Adopted May 2023
- A-28 Clarification on Expansion of Non-Conforming Non-Residential Uses and Structures - Chapters 20.54 and 20.56 / BoCC Adopted May 2023
- A-29 Update Sign Board Posting Procedures - Titles 20, 21 / BoCC Adopted May 2023
- A-18 Update the Agricultural Activities Critical Areas Ordinance for Consistency with Voluntary Stewardship Program - Title 17, Title 24 (A-18) / BoCC Adopted March 2023
- A-22 - Boundary Line Adjustment (BLA) Code Amendment / BoCC adopted Dec. 2022
A-8 - Habitat Conservation Plan Implementation Ordinance /BoCC adopted Nov. 2022
A-24 - Emergency Housing Ordinance: Permitting Criteria Flexibility /BoCC adopted Nov. 2022
A-27 - Non-Conforming Code Update /BoCC adopted Oct. 2022
A-7 - Review of Low Impact Development Standards (All Codes) /BoCC adopted April 2022
CR-5 - Special Use Standards for places of Worship (Title 23) /BoCC adopted Jan. 2022
- Olympia UGA Zoning - Title 23 (JP-4)
Shoreline Master Program - Title 24 CAO and Other Revisions to Ensure Consistency with SMP Update (A-6)
- Lacey UGA Zoning - Title 21 (JP-3)
- Tumwater UGA Zoning - Title 22 (JP-2)
Amend the Forest Lands Conversion Ordinance and Review Tree Protection Standards (Healthy Forests Project) - Chapter 17.25, Titles 20, 21, 22, 23 (A-25)
- Wireless Communication Facilities - Titles 20, 21, 22, and 23 (A-19)
Address Rural Water Availability - All Codes (A-23)
Transfer of Development Rights and Purchase of Development Rights Programs - Titles 20, 21, 22, 23 (A-26)
Natural Landmark Program - Titles 20, 21, 22, 23 (CR-1)
How to request a DEVELOPMENT CODE change
The general steps must be completed in this order:
- Discuss your proposed DEVELOPMENT CODE Amendment with Community Planning before filling out any forms. Start by emailing email@example.com.
- After your conversation, complete these forms Development Code Amendment Application (PDF) or Fillable Version (PDF).
- Submit completed forms via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Board of County Commissioners (BoCC) then chooses some requests from the list to add to the Official Docket of DEVELOPMENT CODE Amendments. This is the the docketing process.
- Proposals on the Official DEVELOPMENT CODE Docket are reviewed and evaluated by the Planning Commission, the BoCC, and staff.
- The BoCC votes whether or not to adopt. Adopted requests become code.