The Clerk's Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. It is closed on weekends and holidays.
When contacting the Clerk's Office, please have the following information ready:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Your case number; and
- Your question.
Civil and Criminal Cases
|General Information||(360) 786-5430|
|Financial Manager||(360) 754-4439|
|Collections Officer||(360) 786-5591|
Family and Juvenile Cases
|General Information||(360) 709-3260|
|Clerk's Coordinator||(360) 709-3267|
|Domestic Violence Liaison||(360) 709-3268|
|Family Court Facilitator||(360) 709-3269
Thurston County Clerk's Office
2000 Lakeridge Dr SW, Bldg #2
Olympia, WA 98502
Clerk Staff CAN Provide
- The status of a specific case, unless the case, or information in the case, is not available for public access.
- The court file on a specific case for review unless the case is "confidential".
- General information on court rules, procedures and practices.
- Generally available court-approved forms.
- Guidance on how to compute deadlines and due dates.
- Court schedules and information on how to get matters scheduled.
Clerk Staff CANNOT
- Provide legal advice*.
- Advise you on whether or not you should file a case.
- Advise you to take any particular action in a case.
- Tell you what words to put on a form.
- Advise you on what to say in court.
- Speculate on what decision a judge may make.
*Legal Advice: Clerk staff can provide information only, not legal advice. If you need legal advice, please contact an attorney. If you do not have an attorney, you may want to visit the Thurston County Bar Association's website for the name of an attorney practicing in this area.