Regional Housing Council
About the Council
The Regional Housing Council (RHC) was created with the primary purpose to leverage resources and partnerships through policies and projects promoting equitable access to safe and affordable housing in Thurston County. The RHC will consider issues specifically related to funding a regional response to homelessness and affordable housing and how to better coordinate existing funding programs to implement the county's Five-Year Homeless Crisis Response Plan and increase affordable housing options.
Thurston County and the cities of Lacey, Olympia, Tumwater, and Yelm formally adopted an interlocal agreement to formalize the RHC in February 2021. An elected official from each jurisdiction, supported by a designated alternate, serves as the voting member to the RHC. Senior leaders from jurisdictions as well as technical staff from the jurisdictions support the RHC.
|Carolyn Cox, Chair - City of Lacey Councilmember||Carolina Mejia, Vice-Chair - Thurston County Commissioner|
|Jim Cooper - City of Olympia Councilmember||Michael Althauser - City of Tumwater Councilmember|
|Brian Hess - City of Yelm Councilmember|
The next RHC Meeting will be held on Wednesday May 10th, 2023, 3:30pm-5:00pm to be held at 3000 Pacific Ave - The Atrium in Room 188. The zoom link will be posted prior to the meeting.
Staff Contact Information
Tom Webster, Housing Program Manager
Keylee Marineau, Homeless Prevention and Affordable Housing Coordinator
Thurston County’s Coordinated Entry Shelter and Housing Hotline:
RHC Meeting Information
The RHC meets twice a month:
- Second Wednesday of every month at 4:00 p.m. Public comment is not accepted at this meeting as it's a working meeting for the council. The public can register to watch at: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_5knckwRNQOaLZUUwdsYYPQ
- Fourth Wednesday of every month at 4:00 p.m. The RHC accepts public comment at this meeting and encourages public participation. To provide comment during the RHC meeting, or to watch the meeting live, please register in advance at: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_rQ1C77MfSX2YrADOuOlUi
Watch past RHC meetings on YouTube.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions and guidance, all meetings are currently conducted remotely.
- The public may view the meeting on Zoom at the zoom links listed above, on the second or fourth Wednesday of each month, or can listen to the meeting by dialing toll-free 1-888-788-0099
- Second Wednesday meeting ID 842 9831 2208
- Fourth Wednesday meeting ID 861 969 28529
The RHC encourages public participation and public comment. To provide comment during the RHC meeting, please register in advance at the registration zoom links listed above for the fourth Wednesday.
|11/09/2022||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|10/26/2022||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|09/28/2022||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|09/14/2022||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|08/24/2022||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|08/10/2022||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|07/27/2022||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|07/13/2022||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|06/22/2022||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|06/08/2022||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|05/25/2022||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|05/11/2022||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|04/27/2022||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|04/13/2022||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|03/23/2022||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|02/23/2022||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|01/26/2022||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|12/08/2021||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|10/27/2021||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|09/22/2021||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|08/25/2021||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|07/28/2021||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|06/23/2021||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|05/26/2021||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|04/28/2021||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|03/18/2021||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|02/18/2021||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|01/21/2021||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|12/17/2020||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|11/19/2020||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|10/15/2020||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|09/17/2020||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
Resources & Documents
RHC - Common Understanding Glossary.pdf
Glossary of common terms
RHC - Interlocal Agreement.pdf
Formalizes the RHC
RHC - Permanent Supportive Housing Strategy.pdf
Formalizes the RHC's strategy around permanent supportive housing.
RHC - Roles and Responsibilties.pdf
Outlines roles, responsibilities, and implementation principles
TC Homeless Housing Summary 2022
TC Housing 5 Year Plan (2019-2024)
Homeless Plan Local Guidelines
A History of Homelessness (By Keylee Marineau)
Resolution: Homeless Crisis in Thurston County Declared
Thurston County Housing Summary (July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018)
Affordable Housing Advisory Board
- The first meeting of the AHAB will be on March 16, 2023 from 3:00-4:30pm to be held at Olympia City Hall in Room 112.
- The second meeting of the AHAB will be held on April 6th from 3:00-4:30pm. The zoom link will be posted prior to the meeting.
Following these two initial meetings, the AHAB will meet on the 3rd Thursday of the month from 3:00-4:30pm at the Atrium in room 188. The Atrium is located at 3000 Pacific Avenue SE, Olympia WA 98501. Free parking is available on site.
- April 20th 3:00-4:30. Atrium room 188. the Zoom link to attend: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81624981630 . This will be the same Zoom link for all AHAB meetings.
- May 18th 3:00-4:30. Atrium room 188. https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81624981630
Homeless Services Advisory Board
- The first meeting of the HSAB will be on March 20, 2023 from 5:00-6:30pm to be held at Public Health and Social Services, 412 Lilly Rd NE, Olympia WA, 98506 - Rooms 107B & 107C.
- The second meeting of the HSAB will be held on April 17th, 2023 3:30-5:00pm to be held at 3000 Pacific Ave - The Atrium in Room 188. The zoom link will be posted prior to the meeting.
- The third meeting of the HSAB will be held on May 1st, 2023 1:00-5:00pm to be held at 3000 Pacific Ave - The Atrium in Room 188. Zoom link to register and attend.
- The HSAB will meet next on May 15, 2023 3:30-5:00pm to be held at 3000 Pacific Ave - The Atrium in Room 188. Zoom link to register and attend.
Following these initial meetings, the HSAB will meet on the 3rd Monday of the month from 3:30-5:00pm to be held at 3000 Pacific Ave - The Atrium in Room 188. Zoom links will be posted in advance.