Thurston County Emergency Management has designed a public education program to improve individual and family emergency preparedness.
We can give a short, interactive presentation on basic preparedness for emergencies to neighborhoods, organizations and other groups.
Our program emphasizes:
- Make a Plan
- Have a Kit
- Get Involved!
If you are interested in more information or scheduling a presentation, please contact:
Send Vivian an Email
Disaster Preparedness Guide
Prepare in a Year
- Keep at least two weeks of supplies in your home.
- Have smaller kits for work, for every family member, and pets.
- Have a vehicle safety kit also.
Grab and Go Kit
- A handy resource list of items that are essential as well as those that should be considered to be self-sufficient for two weeks in the event of an emergency.
Emergency / Disaster Preparedness Resources
- A list of vendor and local agencies with preparedness information, resources and/or supplies.
24-Week Preparedness Calendar
- A calendar detailing how to prepare an emergency preparedness kit.
Out-of-Area Contact Cards
- Out-of-area contact cards to assist in your family preparedness plan.
- Each family member should carry a card at all times.