Thurston County government offices are closed the following days in 2021 in observance of federally recognized holidays
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Monday, January 4, 2021
Meghan Porter, Public Information Supervisor, 360-490-0562 or email at Meghan.firstname.lastname@example.org
OLYMPIA – Thurston County government offices are closed the following days in 2021 in observance of federally recognized holidays:
- Monday, January 18, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Monday, February 15, Presidents' Day
- Monday, May 31, Memorial Day
- Monday, July 5 Independence Day (Observed)
- Monday, September 6, Labor Day
- Thursday, November 11, Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 25, Thanksgiving Day
- Friday, November 26, Day After Thanksgiving
- Friday, December 24, Christmas Day (Observed)
The county's Waste and Recovery Center (WARC) in Lacey is open on all holidays except New Year's Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. The WARC opens the following day after each holiday at normal business hours. You can find hours of operation and more on the Thurston Solid Waste webpage. Check with your waste disposal company for curbside garbage and recycling collection schedule.
Other county service information during holiday closures:
- Fire and Police Emergency Services: Call 9-1-1 for emergency police, fire, and medic services. Residents are urged to use 9-1-1 for life-threatening emergencies only.
- Thurston County Sheriff Non-emergency Services: Residents of unincorporated Thurston County are urged to call the Sheriff's Office non-emergency number at (360) 704-2740 for non-emergency issues like noise complaints.
- County Parks Open: Burfoot Park, Frye Cove Park, Kenneydell Park, Deschutes Falls Park, and the Off-Leash Dog Park at the WARC are open on holidays during regular park hours.
- Intercity Transit (I.T.): I.T. provides full-service operations on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Presidents' Day, and Veterans Day. I.T. operates Sunday service on Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day. There is no service on New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day, or Christmas Day, and service ends early on Christmas Eve. Neighboring transit agencies may have different holiday schedules. Check with them before making a connecting trip on a holiday. You can find service details and schedules at: https://www.intercitytransit.com/bus/routes. For more information, please visit www.intercitytransit.com or call (360) 786-1881.