Cases We Handle (and Cases We Don't)

​Cases We Handle

  • Felony and Misdemeanor Cases that carry a possible jail or prison sentence
  • Probation Violation Cases
  • Juvenile Delinquency Cases
  • Civil Commitment / Involuntary Treatment Cases
  • Dependency / Child Protection Cases

​Cases We Do Not Handle

  • Federal cases
  • Municipal Court cases
  • Tribal Court cases
  • Traffic tickets and infractions that do not carry the risk of jail
  • Appeals to the Court of Appeals or Supreme Court
  • Cases outside of Thurston County
  • Department of Licensing (DOL) hearings