Thurston County facilities are open to the public with safety measures to slow the spread of COVID-19 and protect public and employee health. Learn more here.
Thurston County government makes online maps with layers that show County zones, flood hazard areas, gopher soils and much more. The County's map-making department is called GeoData
. They make great maps, but because land and water are ever-changing, and because new data is added frequently, the County's maps don't meet legal, engineering or survey standards. Consult with your own experts before making decisions, but use these maps to start your research.
- Permitting Map - Shows zones, gophers, soils, flood hazards and more. Provides some of the information you may need when applying for a permit.
- Property Map - Shows basic property information for County addresses & parcels, including owner, parcel number and zip code.
- Quick Start instructions are on each map. (Tip: Open a map, then click the "Layers" tab located in the left-side panel at the bottom. Check the boxes for the info you want to see.)
- Detailed Instructions - see the step-by-step pictures
- Help Pages - search for a specific topic.
- Map User Training - free, one-hour class. Learn more about using Layers, and how to use other features on the County's online maps.
Custom Maps & Large Format Map Prints