Phone Instructions for Setting up or Canceling Building Inspection
How to Set up or Cancel Inspections & Get Results By Phone
The Thurston County Building & Construction Site Inspection Line is an automated phone line that is available 24-hours a day. It prompts you as you go, and will let you schedule or cancel inspections, get inspections results, and leave a message for inspectors - all in a single call.
Step 1 What you need before you call
- Open or print the complete Phone System Guide (PDF) if you want details about all options.
- A mobile or touch-tone phone.
- The permit number for the site you want inspected (It’s on the issued permit).
- The 3-digit inspection number. Only works for inspections with a 3-digit number. Inspections not on this list can't be scheduled with this system.
- A pen & paper to write down info.
Step 2 Call (360) 786-5489
- The system will ask you questions and give you options.
Step 3 Press the number for the option you want & follow the system prompts
- 1 to Schedule inspection
- Only schedule 1 inspection at a time, in the order on Building & Constuction Site Inpsections.
- System error may occur If you try to set up more than 1 inspection, or if you attempt to set them up out of order.
- 2 to Cancel
- 3 to Get Inspection Results
- 4 to get hours and staff phone directory.
- 0 to leave a message, or speak to staff if available.