ALGAE ADVISORY FOR THURSTON COUNTY
There are No Advisories at This Time
There are risks of disease transmission when swimming in lakes and streams. Here are steps you can take to reduce the risk.
- Shower before you swim, if possible.
- Do not swim, or allow family members to swim, if currently ill with vomiting or diarrhea, or have been ill within the last two days.
- Keep children who are not toilet trained out of the water.
- Do not allow children with dirty diapers in the water.
- Do not swim if you have a skin infection.
- Keep pets off the beach and out of the swimming areas.
Keep informed and practice these risk-reduction techniques, then you can relax and enjoy the summer at your favorite swimming beach. Please share this with others, so they, too, can enjoy their swimming experience.