Swimming Illnesses and Risks
Swimming Advisory for Burfoot Park Has Been Lifted - Issued 7/20/2021
There are risks of disease transmission when swimming in lakes and streams. Here are steps you can take to reduce the risk.
- Shower before you swim, if possible.
- Do not swim, or allow family members to swim, if currently ill with vomiting or diarrhea, or have been ill within the last two days.
- Keep children who are not toilet trained out of the water.
- Do not allow children with dirty diapers in the water.
- Do not swim if you have a skin infection.
- Keep pets off the beach and out of the swimming areas.
Keep informed and practice these risk-reduction techniques, then you can relax and enjoy the summer at your favorite swimming beach. Please share this with others, so they, too, can enjoy their swimming experience.