The "2020/2021 Preliminary Comprehensive Plan Docket" (PDF) is available for written public comment. The preliminary docket includes a brief summary of each proposal.
Written comments must be received no later than 5:00 PM, March 4, 2020. Please reference the proposal number in your comment. If you previously submitted a comment, you do not have to resubmit. To submit a written comment, e-mail Shannon Shula, Associate Planner, or mail written comments to:
Thurston County Community Planning & Economic Development
C/O Shannon Shula, Associate Planner
2000 Lakeridge Dr. SW
Olympia WA, 98502
View the legal notice (PDF).
In order to change County plans and regulations, the County's Comprehensive Plan must be amended. Each year, Thurston's Board of County Commissioners review a preliminary list of incoming change requests to decide which will go on the Official Docket for deeper analysis and public review. Items not completed by the end of the year may be included on next year's preliminary docket.
How to Propose a Change to the Comprehensive Plan
Community Planning briefed the Board on February 6, 2020 about proposed amendments. View the PowerPoint (PDF).
Learn More About the Proposed Amendments:
- New Proposals for 2020:
- Review of Agriculture in the Comprehensive Plan
- Northpoint/Maytown Site Specific Land Use Amendment
- The Enclave at Deschutes Site Specific Land Use Amendment
- UP Castle LLC Site Specific Land Use Amendment
Other Special Projects of Interest
I Have a Question
- For questions, you may visit the Building Development Center, or contact Maya Teeple by e-mail, or at (360)-786-5578.