If it's floral design, photography, or other home arts hobbies that inspire you, then we have an open class home arts competition that's pretty as a picture!
There are dozens of different categories for home arts enthusiasts, artists and crafters of all ages and abilities. Entries for many of this year's open class contests are due during the week before the fair opens on Wednesday, August 3:
- Open Class Home Arts: Monday, July 25, from 3-7 p.m. - Let your spectacular sewing, needle art and fiber art do the talking in dozens of home arts contests. Don't forget about this year's Quilt Block Contest-pick up your quilt block kit from Ruby Street Quiltworks. Bring in your finished quilt block for a chance to win prizes and to have your quilt block selected to be part of next year's quilt raffle. Check the 2016 Exhibitor's Guide for a complete list of categories and requirements.
- Open Class Floral: Monday, August 1, from 4-8 p.m. - From asters to zinnias and everything in between, there are dozens of floral contests for cut flowers, herbs, trees and shrubs, bulbs, container gardens-the list is nearly endless. Check the 2016 Exhibitor's Guide for a complete list of categories.
- Open Class Photography: Friday, July 29, from 3-7 p.m. and Saturday, July 30, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. - Whether you prefer landscapes or portraits, people or animals, black and white or full color, there's an open class photography contest that has you framed perfectly. Check the 2016 Exhibitor's Guide for a complete list of categories and requirements.
- Open Class Art: Saturday, July 30, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. and Sunday, July 31, from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. - There's a contest for every age and almost every medium. Bring your paintings, sketches and drawings, miniatures, and sculptures ready for display. Check the 2016 Exhibitor's Guide for a complete list of categories and requirements.
- Open Class Hobbies and Crafts: Saturday, July 30, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. - Quality and craftsmanship are alive and well in workshops and craft rooms throughout Thurston County. Enter your woodworking, jewelry, ceramics, dolls, models, and countless other handicrafts in dozens of hobby and craft contests. Check the 2016 Exhibitor's Guide for a complete list of categories and requirements.
All of the information and details you need to compete in open class home arts contests and hundreds of other open class and club contests are included in the 2016 Exhibitor's Guide. The guide also includes information on entry forms, camping, and this year's calendar of events from July 25, through August 7. Download the complete 2016 Exhibitor's Guide at www.ThurstonCountyFair.org/exhibitor_guide.htm
For more information on the 2016 Thurston County Fair Exhibitor's Guide, contest entry forms or other fair activities, contact the Thurston County Fair Office at (360) 786-5453 or visit www.ThurstonCountyFair.org
. "Go Quackers over the Thurston County Fair!"
Aug. 3 - Aug. 7-30-