OLYMPIA -- Thurston County residents can bring the items listed below, to Community Recycle Days on Saturday, October 1, 2005 at the South Sound Speedway, 3720 183rd Ave. S.W. in Rochester and Saturday, October 8, 2005 at the Thurston County Fairgrounds, 3054 Carpenter Road S.E. in Olympia . Both events run from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. These events are for residents only. Sorry, no business recycling. The following items are accepted, working or not (except where noted).
Items accepted for minimal rate:
- TVs, computer monitors, laptop computers: $10 each.
- NEW item: microwaves: $10 each.
- Computer CPU's, printers, scanners, fax machines, copiers under 50 lbs: $5 each.
- Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners: $15 each (four appliances per vehicle).
- Stoves, dishwashers, washers/dryers, hot water tanks: $5 each. No plastic-cased appliances.
- VCRs, DVD or CD players, stereos, speakers: $2 each.
- Tires without rims: $2 each, with rims: $3 each (passenger tires only)
Items accepted for FREE:
- Scrap metal including de-valved propane tanks. No barbed wire, no motorized vehicles and no major vehicle parts (check with a scrap metal recycler or wrecking yard).
- Bicycles with or without tires.
- Electronics, such as: power tools, keyboards, computer mice, phones (includes cell phones), and printed circuit boards.
- Small motors, such as chainsaws, weed-eaters and outboard boat motors.
- Push or riding lawnmowers.
- Flowerpots: 2-gallon or larger, clean and unbroken
- Reusable items for Goodwill Industries, such as: working small kitchen appliances, kitchenware, small furniture, and clothing.
For more information call Thurston County 's WasteLine at: (360) 754-4348 or TTD at 754-2933 or visit: www.co.thurston.wa.us/wwm/.