OLYMPIA – Thurston County government offices will be closed for the federal holiday on Tuesday, July 4, in observance of Independence Day. The closure includes the Waste and Recovery Center (WARC). All offices will re-open for regular business on Wednesday, July 5.
Other county service information for the Independence Day holiday weekend:
- Fire and Police Emergency Services: Call 9-1-1 for emergency police, fire and medic services. Residents are urged to use 9-1-1 for life-threatening emergencies only. This includes if residents see illegal burning or evidence of a wildfire.
- Thurston County Sheriff Non-emergency Services: Residents of unincorporated Thurston County are urged to call the Sherriff’s Department non-emergency number at (360) 704-2740 for noise complaints and complaints about the use of illegal fireworks. 9-1-1 should be used for life-threatening emergencies only.
- County Parks Open: Burfoot Park, Frye Cove Park, Kenneydell Park and the Off-Leash Dog Park at the WARC will be open during regular park hours. Fireworks are not allowed at any county parks.
The sale and discharge of fireworks in unincorporated Thurston County is strictly limited:
- Fireworks sales in unincorporated Thurston County: Ends July 4 at 11:00 p.m.
- Discharge of fireworks in unincorporated Thurston County: July 3, and July 4, ONLY between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
Residents are urged to be very careful with fireworks and are advised to have a source of water available, adult supervision, and to never re-light fireworks that did not go off the first time. To learn more about fireworks safety and injury prevention, visit the Washington State Patrol website at http://www.wsp.wa.gov/fire/fireworks.htm