OLYMPIA – Thurston County leaders are inviting citizens to attend three open houses at different locations around the County to learn more about the services the County provides as well as provide feedback to what the they feel is a priority for the County.
There is no formal presentation so citizens will have the opportunity to attend the open houses anytime between 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
|Wednesday, January 31|
6pm – 8pm
Rainier Sportsman’s Club
Rainier, WA 98576
|Monday, February 5|
Thurston County Public Health and Social Services
412 Lilly Rd. NE
Olympia, WA 98506-5132
|Wednesday, February 7|
Rochester Middle School Commons
Rochester, WA 98579
The County has six strategic areas for feedback.
- Healthy Natural and Built Environment (environment, development, roads and infrastructure, housing)
- Thriving Communities, Families, and Individuals (social services, homeless housing, public health, youth and senior services)
- Prosperous Economy and Strong Image (economic development, tourism, branding)
- Responsive Law, Justice, and Public Safety (sheriff, courts, probation services, prosecutor, public defense, coroner)
- Effective Governance (financial sustainability, elections, property assessment and tax collection)
- Effective Organization (County workforce, internal communications, information technology, County facilities)
Along with these six strategic areas, citizens will have the opportunity to provide additional comments on other areas they see as a County priority. The consulting company hosting these open houses will compile the data gathered from the online and telephone surveys, as well as the open house, to help in developing a strong strategic plan focusing on County needs.
“County leadership is dedicated to this process and feel it is very important to make sure we are focusing on the needs of our citizens,” said County Manager, Ramiro Chavez. “We want to thank the citizens who have already taken the online survey or participated in the telephone survey, and welcome those that plan to come to the open houses.”
For more information, contact Meghan Porter, Public Information Officer, at (360)867-2097 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Persons with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodations at the meeting should call the Reasonable Accommodation Coordinator at least three days prior to the meeting at 360-786-5440. Persons with speech or hearing disabilities may call via Washington Relay: 711 or 800-833-6388