OLYMPIA – The Directors of Thurston County's seven departments will participate in an hour-long panel discussion on Monday, April 30, 2018, open to the public, where they will respond to citizen questions, explore the services their departments provide and discuss the ways they work together to create healthy, safe and prosperous community for generations to come.
Citizens are encouraged to come and talk with the directors face-to-face during a 30-minute meet-and-greet prior to the panel discussion. During this time citizens can submit questions for the directors to answer during the panel discussion.
What: Meet the Directors Open House and Panel Discussion
When: April 30, 2018 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Panel begins at 6:00 p.m.
Where: Thurston County Courthouse, Building 1, Room 152
2000 Lakeridge Dr. SW, Olympia, WA 98502
Citizens can also learn more about the Directors and the departments they oversee in the County's first-ever Meet the Directors television special, which is available now on Comcast channel three and online at https://bit.ly/2nFCehi.
The department directors of Thurston County are:
- Martin Casey, Central Services
- Joshua Cummings, Community Planning and Economic Development (CPED)
- Kurt Hardin, Emergency Services: which includes Emergency Management and Medic One.
- Katie Gerard, Human Resources
- Marianne Clear, Pre Trial Services
- Schelli Slaughter, Public Health and Social Services
- Patrick O'Connor, Public Defense
- Jennifer Walker, Public Works
Room 152 is equipped with an assistive listening system and is wheelchair accessible. To request disability accommodations call the Reasonable Accommodation Coordinator at least three days prior to the meeting at 360-786-5440. Persons with speech or hearing disabilities may call via Washington Relay: 711 or 800-833-6388.