OLYMPIA - This year’s Thurston County Fair is chock full of sights, sounds, and tastes to entertain the whole brood from Wednesday, August 1 through Sunday, August 5, 2018.
Live & Local concert series
If you are looking for even more reasons to visit the fair this year, then consider the line-up of local entertainers that will be delighting crowds with their sizzling summer sounds during the “Live & Local” concert series that is free with your fair admission.
The Live & Local line-up on our Food Court Stage features South Sound favorites like: the Lemmings starting on Thursday, August 2, with Oly Mountain Boys on Friday, August 3, and the Shady Day Band on Saturday, August 4. And playing on our Expo stage starting Wednesday, August 1 we have Six Pack Pretty Band, with Big Blue Van on August 2, and Backlash Friday, August 3. Also, be sure to catch this year’s KACS Sunday Concert featuring Ryan Stevenson with special guest The Salzer Creek Band.
Get more Live & Local details and other entertainment information at www.ThurstonCountyFair.org
by selecting the “Entertainment” tab.
Come check out the ‘Egg-citement’ on The Green in 2018 with some new, as well as returning, family fun games, starting off on Thursday, August 2 with the Bubble Gum Blowing Contest at 2:30 p.m. and the Corn Hole Game at 5:30 p.m. And then on Friday, August 3 we have the Egg on a Spoon Race at 2:30 p.m. and Sack Races at 5:30 p.m. Returning this year on Saturday August 4 will be the Rubber Chicken Toss at 2:30 p.m. and the Watermelon Eating Contest at 5:30 p.m. and again at 6:00 p.m. Finishing up fair week on Sunday August 5 will be the Hay Scramble at 2:30 p.m. for ages 5-8; and again at 3:00 p.m. for ages 8-12.
There are also several fan favorites making a comeback this year at the fair, including:
- One Buck Wednesday on August 1 - Admission is just $1 per person when you bring a non-perishable food donation for the Thurston County Food Bank. Tons of other $1 deals are featured inside the fair!
- Kid’s Day Thursday, August 2 - Kids 14 and under pay just $2 for admission, and carnival armbands that get you unlimited carnival rides for the day are buy-one-get-one free for your buddy (both buddies must be present at time of purchase). Don’t forget, admission for kids 5 and under is always FREE at the fair!
- Military Appreciation Day is Friday, August 3 - Active duty and retired military personnel and their families can get $2 admission per person to the fair with your military ID.
- Author’s Corner is back in the Sokolik Building and will once again feature local authors selling books, greeting fans, and autographing everything from children’s books to crime dramas.
- The Thurston County Commissioners Annual Pancake Breakfast on Saturday, August 4 from 8:30-10:00 a.m. Join the Commissioners and County leaders on the Gazebo Green on the east side of Heritage Hall. Breakfast is free with fair admission!
- The annual Animal Market Sale will be in the Hicks Lake Barn on Saturday, August 4 at 6:00 p.m.
- The annual 4-H Equine Western Games begin early at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 5.
For more information about these events and other fair entertainment and attractions, go to www.ThurstonCountyFair.org
and select the “Daily Events Calendar” link.
The last day to purchase discount carnival ride armbands is Tuesday, July 31. Visit www.ThurstonCountyFair.org
and select “Fair News” for more information about discount carnival armbands and other discounts and deals.
To learn more about this year’s events, entertainment and exhibits, contact the Thurston County
“Have an ‘Egg-citing’ time at the Thurston County Fair!”
Aug 1 - Aug. 5