Submit applications to the Thurston County Board of Commissioners, Clerk of the Board
OLYMPIA – The Thurston County Commissioners are seeking applicants to fill a vacancy on the citizen volunteer Timberland Regional Library Board of Trustees. Library trustees' duties include, but are not limited to:
Library trustees’ duties include, but are not limited to:
- Adopting bylaws, rules and regulations for the governance of the library
- Developing the district’s annual budget
- Approving the monthly vouchers
- Certifying the tax levy rate
- Developing and approving district policies
- Accepting gifts of money or property for library purposes
- Leasing or purchasing land for library buildings
- Leasing, purchasing, or erecting buildings for library purposes
- Employing an executive director
Members are expected to attend monthly meetings, executive sessions, major library events, training sessions, and make periodic visits to the libraries throughout the county.
Timberland Regional Library is a five-county library district. The Board of Trustees is composed of seven members, one each from the Grays Harbor, Mason, and Pacific counties and two each from Lewis and Thurston counties.
How to Apply?