OLYMPIA – Thurston County government offices will be closed on Friday, July 3, in observance of the Fourth of July holiday. All offices will reopen for regular business on Monday, July 6.
The county's Waste and Recovery Center (WARC) in Lacey will be open on Friday, July 3, from 7 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., however, office staff at the WARC will be unavailable to answer calls or emails. The WARC will be closed on Saturday, July 4, in observance of the Fourth of July holiday, but will reopen for regular business hours, 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., on Sunday, July 5. Check with your waste disposal company for curbside garbage and recycling collection schedule.
The sale and discharge of fireworks in unincorporated Thurston County is strictly limited:
- Fireworks sales in unincorporated Thurston County: Ends Saturday, July 4, at 11 p.m.
- Discharge of fireworks in unincorporated Thurston County: Friday, July 3, and Saturday, July 4, between 9 a.m. and 11 p.m.
Residents using fireworks this year are urged to have a source of water available, adult supervision, and to never re-light fireworks that did not go off the first time. For more on fireworks safety and injury prevention, please visit: https://bit.ly/2NFjut1.
Other county service information for the Fourth of July weekend:
- Fire and Police Emergency Services: Call 9-1-1 for emergency police, fire, and medic services. Residents are urged to use 9-1-1 for life-threatening emergencies only. This includes if residents evidence of a wildfire.
- Thurston County Sheriff Non-emergency Services: Residents of unincorporated Thurston County are urged to call the Sheriff's Office non-emergency number at (360) 704-2740 for noise complaints and complaints about the use of illegal fireworks. 9-1-1 should be used for life-threatening emergencies only.
- County Parks Open: Burfoot Park, Frye Cove Park, Kenneydell Park, and Deschutes Falls Park will be open during regular park hours. The Off-Leash Dog Park at the WARC will also be open during regular park hours. Fireworks are not allowed at any county parks.
- Intercity Transit: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Intercity Transit (IT) is providing limited bus service and the Olympia Transit Center remains closed. The IT administrative offices are closed on the holiday. You can find service details and more at: https://www.intercitytransit.com/recoveryservice. If you have questions, please call IT customer service at 360-786-1881 or send an email to email@example.com.