Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, December 10, 2021
OLYMPIA – The Thurston County Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (LTAC) is accepting applications for qualified projects occurring in unincorporated Thurston County in 2022.
Lodging Tax funds may be used to promote tourism events, locations, and activities for the purpose of attracting visitors to this area. Lodging tax revenue may also be used to pay for capital and/or operating costs for some tourism-related facilities, the operation of visitor/convention agencies, and the operation and marketing of special events and festivals designed to attract tourists. Approximately $45,000.00 will be awarded.
Proposals must be for tourism-related services in unincorporated Thurston County occurring in 2022. High priority will be given to tourism activities that:
- Have a demonstrated potential or high potential from the committee's perspective to result in overnight stays by tourists in lodging establishments within Thurston County.
- Promote Thurston County and/or events, activities, and places in the county to potential tourists from outside Thurston County.
- Have demonstrated or high potential from the committee's perspective to result in documented economic benefit to Thurston County.
- Have a demonstrated history of success in Thurston County, or are proposed by a group with a demonstrated history or high potential of success with similar activities.
- Minimize duplication of services where appropriate and encourage cooperative marketing and/or includes an element of cooperation or partnership.
- Provide, maintain, operate, or enhance county-owned tourism facilities or infrastructure.
Information, applications, and Zoom links to join LTAC meetings can be found on the LTAC webpage. Applications must be submitted no later than Friday, December 10, 2021 at 5 p.m. Please submit the original and five paper copies to Katelyn Johnson, Thurston County Courthouse Complex, Building 1, Rm. 269, 2000 Lakeridge Dr. SW, Olympia, WA 98502.
The LTAC will review proposals on Monday, December 13, 2021 at 2 p.m. in a public meeting at the Thurston County Courthouse in Building 1, Room 280, and via Zoom. The Lodging Tax is an excise (sales) tax authorized by Chapter 67.28 RCW Public Stadium, Convention, Arts and Tourism Facilities. It is a fee for people who stay overnight in a lodging establishment such as a hotel, motel, bed and breakfast facility, or campground.