Recycle Your Christmas Tree FREE.
OLYMPIA - Again this year, free Christmas tree collection and drop-off opportunities are available in the south sound area after the holidays. Pick-up Information
- LeMay compost collection/yard waste customers: Put trees in or near your compost cart (in sections 3 ft. or less). Call 923-0111 for information.
- City of Olympia garbage customers: For customers with Thurs./Fri. service, tree pickup is Sat., Jan. 7. For those with Tues./Wed. service, pickup is Sat., Jan. 14. Place tree in regular pickup spot by 6:00 a.m. on your collection day. Call 753-8509 for more information.
- City of Lacey residents: City crews will pick up trees. Put trees at curb by 8 a.m. on Mon., Jan. 9. Local Boy Scout troops will offer donation based pickup service in some neighborhoods on Sat., Jan. 7. Call 491-3214 for more information.
- City of Tumwater residents: Place trees at the nearest street corner by 8 a.m., Jan. 9. Call 754-4150 for information.
- All Thurston County residents: Take trees to the Waste and Recovery Center at 2418 Hogum Bay Road NE, Lacey. Dec. 26 - Jan. 16 (closed Jan. 1) Mon. - Fri.: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sat. & Sun.: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Rainier residents: Take trees to the drop box at 13010 Rainier Acres Road from Dec. 26 - Jan. 14. Fri. & Sat.: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Rochester residents: Take trees to the drop box at 16500 Sargent Road from Dec. 26 - Jan. 15. Tues., Sat., & Sun.: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tenino residents: Take trees to 418 S. Wichman St. S. from Dec. 25 - Jan. 15.
- Yelm residents: Take trees to Yelm City Park anytime from Dec. 26 - Jan. 10.
- Shelton residents: Bill McTurnal Enterprises at 721 Kamilche Lane accepts tree from Dec. 28 - Jan. 9 during daylight hours. Weekends, leave trees by closed gate.
Flocked trees are accepted. Please remove all ornaments, lights, tinsel, stands, and nails from trees prior to recycling. Multi-family complex residents should check with their property manager for tree placement locations. -30-