Thurston County kids are invited to take part in a special video contest in support of the Power in Numbers to Grow Happy Kids 75210
program. It's designed to encourage children and their families to follow some simple steps toward staying healthy and preventing chronic illness through the numbers 7-5-2-1-0:
About the 75210 Power in Numbers Contest:
- 7 - Breakfast every day of the week
- 5 - Servings of fruits and vegetables daily
- 2 - Hours or less screen time daily
- 1 - Hour physical activity daily
- 0 - Sugary drinks on most days
The 75210 Power in Numbers Video Contest is an opportunity for kids, families, classrooms, school clubs, and after school childcare programs to share and promote healthy behaviors by showing the unique ways the 75210 message can be incorporated into our lives. We're looking for short videos (less than 4 minutes in length) that are informative and fun! We want to see creative ways to answer the question: How do you 75210?
The creative part is up to You! Some possibilities:
The sky's the limit!
- Share your ideas for inspiring kids at your school to get at least an hour of physical activity each day
- Tell us what limiting screen time frees you up to do
- Share a favorite healthy breakfast recipe and show us how you make it special
- Write and sing a song praising a vegetable like broccoli!
Local businesses and organizations have generously contributed exciting prizes to be awarded to the producers of several videos. Video winners will be selected at random, so everyone has a chance to win some cool stuff!Deadline to enter:
Friday, April 20th at 5pm (More than one entry is allowed per person.) To find the contest rules and for more information, please visit www.75210.org. You can also call us at 360-867-2579.
We can't wait to see what you create! How do YOU 7-5-2-1-0?-30-