Photos of roads blocked by fallen limbs or downed power lines are urgently needed by Thurston County Public Works in order to qualify for federal reimbursement for clearing and clean-up efforts following the January 17th-24th snow and ice storm.
"Federal reimbursement funds are available, but the county needs photos of full or partially blocked roads to document the damage," says Interim Road Operations Manager Jack Lane.
Photos of the following locations are needed:
- 113th Ave SW between Littlerock Rd SE and Endicott Rd SW
- Algyer Road SE between Runyon Rd SE and Rainier City Limits
- Case Rd SW between Maytown Rd SW and 113th SW
- Cooper Pt. Rd NW between 28th Ave NW and 68th Ave NW
- Delphi Rd SW between 110th Ave SW and Mud Bay Rd NW
- Maytown Rd SW between 128th Ave Sw and I-5
- Marvin Road SE between Mullen Rd SE and Pacific Ave SE
- Military Rd SE between SR 507 and Rainier Rd SE
- Mullen Rd SE between Timberline High School and 800 ft east of Carpenter Rd
- Old Hwy 99 between Lewis County Line and SR 12
- Rainier Rd SE between City of Rainier and City of Lacey (at Railroad overcrossing)
- South Bay Rd NE between Olympia City Limits and Johnson Point Rd NE
- Steamboat Island Rd NW between Hwy 101 and 54th Ave NW
- Tilley Road SW between Maytown to Hwy 99
- Vail Loop RD SE anywhere on road
- Vail Rd SE between Vail Cut-off SE and 138th Ave SE
- Waddell Creek Rd SW between 128th Ave SW and Sherman Valley Rd SW
- Yelm Hwy SE between City of Lacey Limits (train overpass) and Hwy 510
Members of the public with photos of these roads before they were cleared are urged to send them as a JPEG file to email@example.com with a brief description including road name, nearest intersection, address or other identifiable marker. "We prefer JPEG files, but we'll take photos in any format including videos," says Project Engineer Diane Sheesley. Complete details are available by calling Sheesley at (360) 867-2366.