The Thurston County Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, May 7 at 6:45 p.m. on an emergency amendment to the Thurston County Capital Facilities Plan, and four requests for acceptance into the Open Space Tax Program. The public is invited to participate in informed discussion, and testimony will be accepted at the May 7 hearing.Emergency Amendment to the Capital Facilities Plan 2014–2019
Amend the Capital Facilities Plan 2014–2019 to allow for replacement of the existing 67-foot-three span Salmon Creek Bridge (L-4) on Littlerock Road SW, and to replace and repair a damaged culvert, stabilize the embankment and rebuild the roadway section of Prather Road between Lundeen Road SW and Michigan Hill Road SW that were damaged in a mudslide earlier this year.Open Space Applications
Four applications for inclusion in the Open Space Tax Program. The applications include the following:
- a proposal from Clarke Whitney, representing Harry Keppert Jr., for parcel 11732210000 located adjacent to Waldrick Rd. SE in Tumwater.
- Clarence and Afton Matayoshi for parcel 72405800201 located at 18248 Old Hwy 99 SW in Rochester.
- Joseph Pitz and Linna Wang, for parcel 12904310312 located at 8843 Hunter Point Road in Olympia.
- Dale Wallace (former Beckman) for parcels 12904310313 and 12904310314 located at on Steamboat Island Road in Olympia.
Written comments may be submitted in lieu of testimony at the May 7 hearing. Please send written comments to Christy Osborn, Associate Planner at OsbornC@co.thurston.wa.us
, or mail them to Thurston County Planning Department, 2000 Lakeridge Drive SW, Olympia, WA 98502. Written comments will be accepted until 5 p.m. on Wednesday, May 7. For questions about the proposed items or the public hearing, please contact Christy Osborn via email or at (360) 754-3355 x4465.
More information about the proposed amendments is available in hard copy in the Thurston County Permit Assistance Center or online at www.ThurstonPlanning.org
.WHAT: Thurston County Planning Commission Public Hearing:
- 2014–2019 Capital Facilities Plan amendment
- Open Space Tax Program—four applications
Wednesday, May 7 at 6:45 p.m.WHERE:
County Courthouse Building One, Room 152 at 2000 Lakeridge Drive SW in Olympia-30-