Comments on preliminary docket due by Oct. 2
The 2014-2015 Preliminary Docket of Comprehensive Plan Amendments is now available to the public for review and written comment. The preliminary docket is a list of proposed changes to the Thurston County Comprehensive Plan. Comments on the preliminary docket must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Thursday,
October 2. General plan amendments include projects pertaining to:
- Prairie Habitat Conservation Plan
- Shorelines Master Plan policies and regulations
- Annual amendments to the Capital Facilities Plan
- Updates to the Grand Mound Sub-Area Plan and design guidelines
- Review of transfer of development rights programs and policies
- Evaluating land use based on a watershed analysis
These items are a continuation of the 2013-2014 Official Docket. There are a total of four proposed citizen initiated amendments. These include:
- Two new site specific comprehensive plan land use amendments, one for the rural county (Toft), and one in the Olympia UGA (Hulbert, Hong, Slater)
- One land use plan amendment for the Evergreen State College that includes the creation of a new institutional zoning district
- One policy amendment from Lakeside Industries to amend the Nisqually Sub-Area plan to permit the use of Recycled Asphalt in the production of new asphalt.
The purpose of the public review period for the Preliminary Docket of Comprehensive Plan Amendments is to receive written comments on which proposals should be considered. After the public review period, the Thurston County Board of County Commissioners will create an official docket and proposals will be forwarded to the Planning Commission for review. The Planning Commission and the Board of County Commissioners will hold public hearings on the merits of the items approved for the official docket prior to adoption of any final regulations.
Copies of the preliminary docket are available through the Permit Assistance Center, or on our website at www.ThurstonPlanning.org
under the "News and Links" section.
Written comments must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Thursday, October 2 and can be emailed to Cynthia Wilson at WilsonC@co.thurston.wa.us
, or sent by mail to:
Cindy Wilson, Planning Manager
Thurston County Resource Stewardship Department
Building One, 2nd Floor, Thurston County Courthouse Complex
2000 Lakeridge Dr. SW
Olympia, WA 98502
Citizens with hearing impairments may call the TDD line at (360) 754-2933.-30-