Free Mental Health Forum to be Held.
OLYMPIA -- The annual Thurston-Mason Regional Support Network community mental health forum will be held later this month in Lacey. The title of this year's conference is "Working Toward Recovery". The featured speakers for this year's event are Kathy Goldenberger, Laura Lane and Pat Raines who will speak about empowering your life through meaningful activities, such as employment or volunteering.
The schedule includes-
- 10:00 - 12:30 Keynote Speakers (with breaks between speakers for stretching exercises)
- 12:30 - 1:30 Lunch (a light lunch will be provided)
- 1:30 - 3:00Individual Workshop Classes
The forum will be beneficial for many community members including consumers of mental health services, family members of consumers and caregivers in Thurston and Mason counties. In the afternoon session, forum attendees will be able to choose from different classes depending upon their interests.
- Workshop 1: Volunteering & Other Options
- Workshop 2: Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Programs
- Workshop 3: Programs to Maintain Your Benefits While Employed Pass Plans, Income Related Work Expense, Healthcare for Workers with Disabilities
The forum is sponsored by the Thurston Mason Regional Support Network Advisory Board in collaboration with Capital Clubhouse, Behavioral Health Resources, Providence St. Peter Hospital, SeaMar Behavioral Health, Thurston County Mental Health Court, and the Thurston-Mason National Association for the Mentally Ill (NAMI).
For further information or to request special accommodations, please contact Lois Kim at 360-867-2559. Accommodations must be requested by September 23, 2010. Pre-registration is requested, but not required. To pre-register, go to http://rsnforum.eventbrite.com/
- WHAT-The Thurston-Mason Regional Support Network Annual Mental Health Forum
- DATE- Thursday, September 30, 2010
- TIME- 10:00 - 3:00
- WHERE- Lacey Community Center-6729 Pacific Ave SE, Lacey
Please note- A shuttle is available from the Capital Clubhouse at 9:00 a.m.-30-