FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Friday, February 4, 2022
Ballots and Drive-Through Voter Assistance Available for February 8 Special Election
19.87% of Thurston County ballots have been returned in the Feb 8, 2022 Special Election
OLYMPIA – The Thurston County Auditor’s Office reminds voters the deadline to return ballots for the Special Election is Tuesday, February 8. Districts included in the special election are Griffin, Olympia, Tenino, and Tumwater School districts. If you have not received a ballot or misplaced your ballot, you can request a replacement.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the Auditor’s Elections Division at 360.786.5408
- Download a ballot at VoteWA.gov
- Visit the Voting Center at 2400 Evergreen Park Dr. SW, Olympia, WA 98502
Return envelopes must be postmarked by Tuesday, February 8, or deposited into one of 19 ballot drop boxes no later than 8 p.m. on Election Day. Drop box locations are listed at ThurstonVotes.org, in the voters’ pamphlet, and in the ballot packet. Voters who mail their ballot should check mailbox pickup times to make sure the ballot will receive an Election Day postmark. No stamp is necessary.
The Thurston County Auditor’s Office is a designated voting center during business hours. Voters may register to vote, update their current registration, obtain a ballot, or use a voting assistance device at the Voting Center.
- Monday, February 7, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Election Day, Tuesday, February 8, 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.