Special Three-Day Filing Period for Offices Without Candidates
Citizens are encouraged to run for local elected office
Mary Hall, Thurston County Auditor
711 Washington Relay
OLYMPIA – A special three-day filing period will be held Wednesday, May 24 through Friday, May 26 to allow citizens to run for elected office for positions without candidates. Open positions include:
- Town Council, Town of Bucoda, Position No. 4
- City Council, City of Tenino, Position No. 5
- Fire Commissioner, West Thurston Regional Fire District - Littlerock, Position No. 2
- Park Commissioner, Tanglewilde Parks & Recreation, District 1, Positions No. 2, 3, and 4
These positions have no filing fee.
Filing begins at 8 a.m. Wednesday, May 24 and closes promptly at 4:30 p.m. Friday, May 26. Methods of filing are:
- Online at ThurstonWAVotes.gov
- By fax at 360.754.4591
- By email at email@example.com
- In person at the Auditor’s Elections Office at 2400 Evergreen Park Dr SW, Olympia, WA 98502
- By Mail to Thurston County Auditor’s Elections Office, 2000 Lakeridge Dr SW, Olympia, WA 98502
All candidate filings must be received by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 26.
The order of candidates for these positions will be determined by random lot draw as required by RCW 29A.36.131. The random lot draw will be held shortly after 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 26. The drawing will be held at the Auditor’s Elections Office. Candidates or other interested parties are welcome to attend.
“This special three-day filing period is a second chance for citizens to run for these open elected offices,” said Mary Hall, Thurston County Auditor. “These local elected positions are important. People have an opportunity to make a difference in their community.”