Walk-in Passport Services Now Available at the Auditor’s Office
Mary Hall, Thurston County Auditor
711 Washington Relay
OLYMPIA – Passport Services are now offered without an appointment during regular business hours at the Thurston County Auditor’s Office.
While walk-in service is available, it’s still highly encouraged you make an appointment to ensure prompt service instead of a potentially long wait time.
The Auditor’s Office is the only provider of passport services in Thurston County during regular business hours, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. The Auditor’s passport facility is located at 3000 Pacific Ave SE, Olympia, WA 98501,
"We’ve redistributed resources to expand our ability to serve customers who don’t have time to wait for a scheduled appointment.” said Mary Hall, Thurston County Auditor. “With the increasing demand for passports due to increased travel and the approaching REAL ID deadline, our friendly and efficient staff is dedicated to making the passport process easier."
Starting on May 7, 2025, everyone will need a passport, an enhanced driver’s license or identification card, or another federally approved identification to travel domestically on commercial aircraft.
The Auditor’s Office offers the following advice to facilitate the walk-in process:
- Walk-in hours for passports are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Walk-ins should check-in at the lobby kiosk to receive their number.
- Arrive early in the day when business is lighter. This typically results in faster service.
- Due to lunch breaks staffing levels are limited between noon and 2 p.m.
- Fill out all paperwork before arriving.
- If you plan to have your picture taken wear dark clothes, they produce a better photo. Please do not wear white or cream clothing.
- Your patience is appreciated.
- The U.S. Department of State portion of the fees must be paid by check or money order.
To make an appointment and find more information about Auditor Passport Services, please visit ThurstonAuditor.gov.
Routine passport service may take up to 13 weeks (approximately three months) from the date the passport agency receives your application until you receive your passport. It may take up to 2 weeks for your application to be "In Process" from the day of submission.