Court Rules Detail Lookup
Back to Court Rules page


LJuCR 12

Petitions for emancipation of minors and petitions to waive the age requirement for marriage shall be made through the Family and Juvenile Court. Before the hearing on the petition, the petitioner shall be interviewed by a probation counselor of the Juvenile Department of the Superior Court, who may offer a recommendation to the court. Petitions for emancipation shall be made using the form approved by the Administrative Office of the Court and available on the Washington Courts web site.

[Adopted effective October 1, 1982. Amended effective February 9, 1999; September 1, 2017; September 1, 2019.]