Are you considering working at Thurston County? When you look for a position with the County, don't stop at the salary range, look at our comprehensive benefits package too!
Health & Wellness
We want our employees to remain healthy so they can provide first-class services to the citizens of Thurston County. Our health and wellness benefits include:
- Medical: Our coverage is through Washington State's Health Care Authority. There are a variety of medical plans to choose from that will fit your needs.
- Dental: Two options are available to help you maintain proper oral health.
- Vision: Can you say double coverage? We have a vision plan through VSP and all medical plans also include vision coverage.
- Flexible Spending Account: This program allows an employee to set aside money for out-of-pocket healthcare and/or dependent care expenses on a pre-tax basis.
- Wellness Program: We encourage employees to take healthy actions like talking walks during breaks or taking stretch breaks throughout the day.
- Employee Assistance Program: If you are faced with issues that interfere with health, well-being, and productivity at work or home, professional staff and the right resources are available to you.
We want to help our employees prepare for the future:
- Retirement: We participate in the Washington State Retirement System.
- Deferred Compensation Plans (Voluntary): Three plan options are available to you through Mass Mutual, ICMA, and Nationwide.
- Basic Life Insurance: This provides an employee's loved ones with a little additional income if an employee passes away.
- Voluntary Term Life (Voluntary): You can apply for additional life insurance coverage with premiums deducted directly through payroll.
- Long-Term Disability: Provides a safety net for you if you are unable to return to work for an extended period.
- Travel Assistance Program: You can get assistance when traveling at least 100 miles from home or in a foreign country for business or pleasure.
We support our employees and encourage a balance between work goals and life goals.
- Paid Leave Time: We offer two types of leave programs for employees to choose from: traditional leave is vacation and sick leave, or alternative leave is a single bank of accrued time.
- Paid Holidays: The County recognizes and celebrates 10 major holidays.
- Floating Holiday(s): We provide a floating holiday for you to use at your discretion. Employees who have 20 years of serve receive a second floating holiday and at 25 years of service receives an additional day.
- Community Service Day: We encourage employees to give back by volunteering a day of service to the community.
- Flexible Schedules: Depending upon the work assignment, you may get a flexible work schedule.
NEW Benefit Enhancements!
When possible, our Human Resources Department adds programs to enhance the benefits portfolio for employees, while balancing the fiscal responsibilities of limited resources. New enhancements coming in 2019 are:
- Post Retirement Program (VEBA): Implementation of a tax-exempt trust authorized under the Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(9) and technically defined as Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), but most commonly referred to as a "VEBA" plan. If a defined group opts into participating in the VEBA plan, an employee who retires from the county, in accordance with the personnel rules or collective bargaining agreement, any retirement-related cashed out funds are placed into a VEBA account. The retired employee can then use these tax-free funds toward reimbursement of qualified out-of-pocket medical care expenses and premiums, as defined by the IRS.
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability (Voluntary): This insurance is designed to pay you a weekly benefit in the event you cannot work because of a covered illness or injury.
- Critical Illness; Accident; and Hospital Indemnity Insurance (Voluntary): These voluntary plans allow you the option of additional coverage in the event of illness or injury. These plans complement your medical coverage.
- Discount Program: BenefitHub is a FREE web portal where you can select from thousands of local and nationwide discounts, wellness solutions, financial benefits, and much more!
Check out all of our job openings at: http://www.co.thurston.wa.us/hr/employment.htm
We can't wait to welcome you to the Thurston County Family!