OLYMPIA – Thurston County 's annual Adoption Celebration will be next week. This is the third year for the special ceremony honoring families adopting children and those who have adopted. Thurston County Superior Court Judge Paula Casey says, "This is an opportunity to officially welcome children to new "forever" parents as four families finalize their adoptions in a public ceremony. This is also a time to celebrate with old and new adoptive families as they meet, share experiences, and enjoy the children's' activities and refreshments. " Judge Casey is the presiding judge for Thurston County 's Family and Juvenile Court.
The Adoption Celebration is for all types of adoptions. The public is invited. Children are invited and welcome. Those who attend can:
- Meet other adoption families, adoption attorneys and judges
- Gather information on adoptive support groups
- Make a craft with Hands on Children's Museum
- Enjoy South Sound Reading Foundation's storyteller and Booker T. Bear
- Grab some photos
- Join in sharing refreshments and socializing
Last year in Thurston County there were 103 adoptions approved. Through the end of September of this year, 73 more adoptions were approved.
The Adoption Celebration will be held at-
4:30 PM on Thursday, November 15th,
at the Thurston County Family and Juvenile Court,
2801 32nd Avenue SW,