OLYMPIA – Thurston County Public Health & Social Services' Community Wellness Division is announcing five environmental health education workshops to help participants learn more about maintaining healthy living spaces, both inside and outside.
The workshops are free and supported in part by the Washington State Department of Ecology's Local Solid Waste Financial Assistance Program. You can sign up for as many of the workshops as you like. Each workshop has a different area of focus. They are:
Creating a Healthy Home
- March 1, 2022, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Learn about low-cost ways to maintain a healthy indoor home environment. This workshop is led by a certified Healthy Homes Specialist.
- Register: bit.ly/SpringWorkshop1
Dealing with Mold at Home
- March 10, 2022, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- A wet climate like Thurston County's makes it easier for mold to grow in our homes. Learn how to prevent, identify and address mold in your home. This workshop is led by a certified Healthy Homes Specialist.
- Register: bit.ly/SpringWorkshop2
How to Protect Kids from Chemicals of Concern
- March 14, 2022, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- We can keep kids safer by limiting their exposure to toxics in the home.
- Register: bit.ly/SpringWorkshop-3
Easy Ways to Get Your Yard Ready for Spring
- March 22, 2022, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Tips to get your yard ready for spring, summer, and fall.
- Register: bit.ly/SpringWorkshop-4
Get Growing! Veggies, Berries, and More
- March 31, 2022, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- How to start a garden from scratch and simple maintenance tips for existing gardens.
- Register: bit.ly/SpringWorkshop-5
For more information about the Healthy Homes Program, please visit: https://www.co.thurston.wa.us/health/ehhm/healthyhomes.html