OLYMPIA - The Board of Thurston County Commissioners will hold a public hearing on October 19, 2010 at 3:00 p.m. regarding the following changes to the Thurston County Development regulations:Titles 21, 22, and 23 (A-13):
Amend Titles 21, 22, and 23 by adding an electric vehicle charging facility chapter to each of the Zoning Ordinances and by permitting vehicle charging facilities and battery exchange facilities within all non-residential and resource designated zones.
The following 2009/2010 Development Code Amendment Docket items will also be presented at the hearing:
- A-4 - Platting exemption for conservation lots - Create an expedited process to create lots to be sold or donated to a registered conservation land trust or public agency (Title 18).
- A-5 - Mandatory presubmission conferences - Presubmission conferences for short plats, large lot subdivisions, new commercial uses or change of use, multi-family developments and special use permits (Titles 18, 20, 21, 22 and 23).
- A-6 - Screening incompatible uses - Require additional landscaping to screen and separate incompatible land uses and zoning districts (Titles 18, 20, 21, 22 and 23).
- A-8 - Junk vehicles - Limit the number of junk vehicles in the Long Term Forestry, Long Term Agriculture and McAllister Geologically Sensitive Area zoning districts making rural zones consistent regarding junk vehicles (Title 20).
- A-12 - Stand alone accessory structures - Amend a 2008 Ordinance (No. 14182) which allowed off-site accessory structures on nearby lots (Title 20).
The public hearing will begin at 3:00pm at the Thurston County Courthouse Complex, 2000 Lakeridge Dr. SW, Olympia, WA 98502. Written comments may be submitted in lieu of testimony. Please submit written testimony to Thurston County Development Services, Attention: Tony Kantas or Scott Longanecker, until the close of the public hearing.
The proposed changes to the Thurston County Development Code are available on-line at http://www.co.thurston.wa.us/permitting/Development_Code/Development_Code_Docket.htm or in hard-copy at the Thurston County Development Services Department, 2000 Lakeridge Drive SW, Olympia, WA 98502, or by calling Tony Kantas at (360) 786-5472 or Scott Longanecker at (360) 754-3355 ext. 6372 or email email@example.com.-30-