Skip to main content

Thurston County, Washington

The content on the Thurston County website is currently provided in English. We are providing the “Translation” for approximately 10 languages. The goal of the translation is to provide visitors with limited English proficiency to access information on the website in other languages. The translations do not translate all types of documents, and it may not give you an exact translation all the time. The translations are made through an automated process, which may not result in accurate or precise translations, particularly of technical and legal terminology.

Application Forms & Documents

Administrative Guide  |  Administrative Guide Summary  |  Application  |  Project Ranking Criteria  |  Qualifying organizations list (RCW 84.34.210)


Application Submission Options

  • Email to:
  • In person at: The Board of County Commissioners office, located at 3000 Pacific Ave SE, 2nd Floor, Suite 200 in Olympia, WA 98501.  
  • Mail to: Andrew Deffobis, Thurston County Government, CPED, 3000 Pacific Ave SE, Olympia, WA 98501.

​Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

1.  When are Conservation Futures award recipients announced?

Award letters are typically issued —and published online— by late summer each year.


2.  Do I need a sponsor to apply for Conservation Futures funds?

Yes. A qualifying sponsor must apply on behalf of landowners. Qualifying organizations list (RCW 84.34.210).


3.  How much can the County pay for my property?

The County can only pay the fair market value of the property, as determined by an appraisal. 


4. How are projects chosen to be funded?

Applications are evaluated by a ranking committee appointed by Thurston's Board of County Commissioners (BoCC). The BoCC selects the final award recipients.