Conservation Futures Program - Application Documents & Details
The 2022 application round began on January 1, 2022. A qualifying organization must apply on behalf of the landowner, and the land must preserve open space, wildlife habitat, or farm and agricultural lands in Thurston County.
Administrative Guide | Administrative Guide Summary | Application | Project Ranking Criteria | Qualifying organizations list (RCW 84.34.210)
Application Submission Options
- Submit via email to: email@example.com
- Submit in person to: Board of County Commissioners Office, Building 1, 2nd Floor, Room 269 of the Thurston County Courthouse
- Submit via mail to: Andrew Deffobis, Thurston County Government, CPED, 2000 Lakeridge Dr. SW, Olympia, WA 98502
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
1. When are Conservation Futures award recipients announced?
Award letters are typically issued —and published online— by late summer each year.
2. Do I need a sponsor to apply for Conservation Futures funds?
Yes. A qualifying sponsor must apply on behalf of landowners. Qualifying organizations list (RCW 84.34.210).
3. How much can the County pay for my property?
The County can only pay the fair market value of the property, as determined by an appraisal.
4. How are projects chosen to be funded?
Applications are evaluated by a ranking committee appointed by Thurston's Board of County Commissioners (BoCC). The BoCC selects the final award recipients.