Go Green Yard Care Program
Natural yard care makes your yard safer for you, your family and your pets. It also keeps harmful chemicals from ending up in rain and snow melt runoff (stormwater), which ultimately flows into our lakes and streams or seeps into the groundwater. And that's important because most drinking water in Thurston County (Lacey, Olympia, Tumwater, and unincorporated areas) comes from groundwater. Let's protect our local water and keep it clean together!
How to Join the Program
Apply for the Program.
Take the quick survey (3 mins). Choose the "yard style" you would like to achieve this year.
Choose Your Yard Style.
Follow the instructions sent to your email to get started in the program.
Access the Online Course and More!
Once in the program you will have access to:
- An online video-based training with supporting resources.
- Live Q&A with a soil expert.
- In-person workshop on natural yard care.
- Regular email reminders.
- And MORE!
How to Grow a Beautiful Yard Naturally
Register for the online course to access full program resources as well as the LIVE Q&A!
- Natural Yard Care Booklet : Get the 5-Step Overview
- Practice Smart Watering : TIPS to Use Water Efficiently & Reduce Runoff
- Mulch and Woodchips : See if the Chip Drop Program is For YOU
- Native Plant Nursery & Resources : Learn Why Native Plants are SO AWESOME
- Native Plant Salvages : Join These FUN Events & Get FREE Natives for Your Yard
- What's an EcoLawn : Less Work & Less Water Use
- Common Sense Gardening : Thurston County webpage
- Natural Yard Care Videos : City of Olympia webpage
Rapid transformation after 21 years of struggle
"The look and feel of both the dirt surface and the grass itself are so much healthier and prettier than what we had dealt with for the past 21 years. We are grateful for the impetus that the Go Green program gave us to undertake the makeover and for the experience of all the people involved."
~West Olympia Homeowner