Skip to main content

Thurston County, Washington

The content on the Thurston County website is currently provided in English. We are providing the “Translation” for approximately 10 languages. The goal of the translation is to provide visitors with limited English proficiency to access information on the website in other languages. The translations do not translate all types of documents, and it may not give you an exact translation all the time. The translations are made through an automated process, which may not result in accurate or precise translations, particularly of technical and legal terminology.

Community Planning and Economic Development

​Some facility owners and managers do their own maintenance. If you go it alone, be safe and follow equipment instructions. Hire professionals to do needed repair work.


DIY Guides and Information


Find Your Facility

If you need help locating your storm drain, pond or other facility type, email us at

Or you can look for it. Storm drains, ponds and other facilities vary by neighborhood. Look at our Types of Facilities web page to get a general idea. 

Dry stormwater ponds look like open fields or shallow bowls in the land. You can often see grates or pipes Wet ponds look like a traditional pond. Swales are wide, shallow, grass-lined ditches along the side of the road. The storm drain is usually on the side of a neighborhood street covered by a metal grate. Drains typically flow into the neighborhood stormwater facility, although some flow into nearby streams or rivers.