Faith Communities Preparedness
What can your church or organization do in advance to support emergency preparedness?
Develop and practice an evacuation plan for your facility.
Develop a continuity of operations plan for your organization.
- Business Continuity Worksheet
- Reciprocal Arrangement
- Business Continuity Presentation
Prepare your members to be on their own for 3 days
- Request an emergency preparedness workshop for your members.
Other steps you can take to prepare
- Make and distribute preparedness kits for low income members. For a list of resources, click here.
- Train congregation members to utilize Amateur Radio.
- Use prayer circles and phone trees to do wellness checks on vulnerable members after a disaster or storm. Take this one step further-have a plan to go in person to check on your most vulnerable members if phone services have been out for a prolonged period of time.
- Sign up to be an American Red Cross Shelter location. Contact the local American Red Cross office at 360-352-8575 for more information.
- Sign up to be a staging area for Search & Rescue operations.
Do you want more information? Contact our office at 360-867-2800 or email email@example.com