Skip to main content

Thurston County, Washington

Community Planning and Economic Development

If you own property in unincorporated Thurston County, you pay Stormwater Utility rates as part of your property tax statement. It appears as 'Stormwater' on the 'Current Year Detail' portion of your tax statement.

Rates are based on how many square feet of impervious surface is on the property, and if the property is located within the County’s Municipal Stormwater Permit boundary area. The rate appears as a single 'Stormwater' charge on your tax statement, but is made up of a base rate and a capital rate. 

Schools, businesses and churches may qualify for rate credits to reduce stormwater fees.