Citizen Online Police Reporting
Online Reports are considered Information Only.
There is no follow-up investigation intended.
If you wish to have follow-up on the information you are reporting, please call the non-emergency dispatch center at 360-704-2740 to request to speak with a deputy in order to file the report.
If this is an Emergency please call 911
Welcome to the Thurston County Sheriff's Office Citizens Online Police Reporting System. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is NOT an Emergency (call 911 if it is)
- This incident occurred in Thurston County, but NOT within the city limits of Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater, Yelm, or Tenino
- This did NOT occur on a State Highway
- This is NOT a Burglary
- This is NOT a Stolen Vehicle
- If this is a Fraud or Identity Theft, your residence is in Thurston County, but NOT within the city limits of Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater, Yelm, or Tenino
Upon completion of this report process you will:
See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
Be given a police report case number.
Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
Filing a false police report is a crime.
Be sure to include any known suspect name(s), date(s) of birth, or address in the Incident Description field.
If the crime you want to report fits any of the above, proceed with filling out the online report.
Identity Theft and Fraud
There are some groups you should get in touch with if you are the victim of identity theft or fraud, some will ask for the report number you get at the end of this online police report process.
|Agency||Web URL||Contact Telephone Number|
|U.S. Federal Trade Commission||http://www.ftc.gov/||1-877-438-4338|
|Department of Motor Vehicles||1-866-658-5758|
- Protect your social security number and only give it out when required by law.
- No bank, auction site or other business should send you an email asking you to enter credit card information, passwords, social security numbers or other personal information. Often these fake emails will contain links to pages that look real but are not. If you suspect you are being directed to a fake site please go to the actual home web site of the company and inform them of what has happened.
- Avoid mail theft by obtaining a locked mailbox and dropping off outgoing mail at the local post office or postal mailbox.
- Do not give out your personal information or credit card number over the phone unless you initiated the call.
- Shred credit card offers and bank statements before you throw them away if you do not plan on using them.
Using the Thurston County Sheriff's Office Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the following incidents (please choose one):
If the crime you want to report does not fit any of the above, please call the non-emergency dispatch center at 360-704-2740 to report the crime.
Provide information on Drug Activities or Traffic/Parking Issues that are NOT currently happening.