Frequently Asked Questions
- Cash, cashier's checks, money orders, debit cards and credit cards are acceptable when making payments in person. Cashier's checks and money orders are acceptable for payments made via mail.
- Personal checks are accepted only for payments on LFO (Legal Financial Obligations).
- Only cash is accepted for payments for rent in unlawful detainer actions and posting bail.
LFO payments may be made in-person, via mail or online.
Cash, checks, money orders, debit card and credit cards are acceptable when making payments in-person. Checks and money orders are acceptable for payments made via mail. Credit cards, debit cards and electronic checks are acceptable for online payments.
Online payments can be made here: Make a Payment.
To obtain a copy of publicly available court documents:
- Via in-person: Come to either the main courthouse or to the Family and Juvenile Court facility to obtain copies of documents for ANY case type.
- Via mail: Contact our office to request the cost of the copies. Mail a money order or cashier check, note with the document you are requesting and self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Thurston County Clerk
2000 Lakeridge Drive SW
Olympia, WA 98502
- Via email: Contact us with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once payment has been received, the documents will be sent to you.
Copy costs per document:
Certified paper copies (with the Clerk's seal affixed) cost $5 for the first page and $1 for each additional page.
Paper copies (without the Clerk's seal) cost $.50 per page. Advance payment is required.
eMail copies (without the Clerk's seal) cost $.25 per page. Advance payment is required.
It is a copy of a document you have filed, stamped with the filing date (and Judge's name if an Order was signed).
Bring an extra copy of your document with you to the Clerk's office when you file.
If filing by mail, include your request for conformed copies; provide the copies you would like stamped and returned; and enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Be sure adequate postage has been provided.
- All pleadings and other papers filed with the Clerk's Office shall be legibly written or printed.
- The use of 8 1/2" x 11" paper is mandatory.
- All text and images shall appear on only the front side of a page.
- The top margin of the first page shall be a minimum of 3"; and the right, left and bottom margins at least 1". All subsequent pages shall have a minimum of 1" margins.
- Papers filed shall not include any colored pages, highlighting or other colored markings.
Thurston County Clerk's Office
2000 Lakeridge Dr. SW, Bldg. 2
Olympia, WA 98502
Yes. Local Court Rule (LCR) 10(e) requires that documents filed for all civil, probate, guardianship, and family law cases have the following box placed in the upper left-hand corner of the first page. The box must be filled in prior to filing.
Bench copies are an extra copy of the documents for the Judge or Court Commissioner. Bench copies should be provided to the Superior Court Administrator's Office. They are not filed at the Clerk's Office.