Skip to main content

Thurston County, Washington

The content on the Thurston County website is currently provided in English. We are providing the “Translation” for approximately 10 languages. The goal of the translation is to provide visitors with limited English proficiency to access information on the website in other languages. The translations do not translate all types of documents, and it may not give you an exact translation all the time. The translations are made through an automated process, which may not result in accurate or precise translations, particularly of technical and legal terminology.

District Court


If you have a court hearing scheduled, you may appear via Zoom instead of coming to the courthouse. If you did not get information in your summons about how to appear remotely, call the Court at 360-786-5450 or use the chat button at the bottom of this page to find out how. If you are appearing for a criminal matter, you must talk with your attorney first.

To attend your hearing via Zoom, click the meeting code for your assigned courtroom.

For more information or if you cannot attend by Zoom, use the chat feature below or call the court at 360-786-5450.

 Courtroom  Meeting Code  
 Courtroom 1  653 359 1636  
 Courtroom 2  278 379 6610  
 Courtroom 3  685 813 8370  
 Courtroom 4  824 663 3203  

District Court Hearings Viewable Online

If you would like to observe a court hearing, please view the virtual calendar for court times and YouTube channel information.

Traffic Ticket

If you are paying a traffic ticket, requesting a deferral or mitigation of a traffic ticket, contesting a traffic ticket, or requesting public records, you don't have to come court.  Use the links to Respond to my Ticket or Records Requests available on this page. You can complete these transactions without coming to the courthouse.

Protection Orders

To file a petition for protection/anti-harassment order, please click here, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "How do I file a petition online?"

Name Change

To submit a name change petition, click here. Then click on "How do I petition to change my name?" for adult name changes or "How do I petition to change my child's name?" to change the name of a minor.

Civil Motion Hearings

Thurston County District Court Civil Motion Hearings are held on Friday afternoons. Prior to filing you must either email the Civil Department or call them at 360-754-4102 to schedule your hearing date and receive instructions on filing your motion. Please provide your case number when contacting us to schedule. We cannot schedule a hearing without the case number.