The Thurston County Veterans' Assistance Program helps eligible veterans or family members with one-time, emergent financial assistance for basic living expenses such as rent/housing, utilities and funeral expenses.
- Meet the definition of "veteran" as defined by RCW 73.08.005 including, but not limited to having received an honorable discharge or a general under honorable characterization of service.
- Resident of Washington State for at least six months immediately prior to application.
- Resident of Thurston County for at least 31 days immediately prior to application.
- Income eligible.
- Able to provide documentation proving eligibility, including verification of need.
How to Apply:
There are two ways to apply:
- Download and complete the Application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the required documentation to set up an appointment.
- Call the Veterans' Assistance Program at 360-867-8236 to schedule an eligibility appointment and find out what documents to bring to the appointment.
- Veterans' Assistance Fund Policies and Procedures - Thurston County
- Veterans' Relief: Chapter 73.08 RCW - Washington State Legislature
2-1-1 Call Center
Information and Referral Services
DD Form 214 Application
To apply for a copy of the DD214 visit:
Puget Sound Healthcare System
Homeless Care Line: 253-583-2825
American Lake: 800-329-8387
DAV Volunteer Transportation Network American Lake & Seattle VA Hospital Van Transport
US Department of Veterans Affairs
Lacey Veterans Services Hub: 360-456-3850
Tacoma Vet Center: 253-565-7038
Federal Way Vet Center: 253-838-3090
Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs
Olympia Service Center
1102 Quince St SE
Work Source - Local Veterans Employment Representative
VETERANS' ADVISORY BOARD
The purpose of the Veterans Advisory Board is to advise the Thurston County Board of County Commissioners (BoCC) on the needs of local indigent veterans, the resources available to local indigent veterans and programs that could benefit the needs of local indigent veterans and their families. The Veterans Advisory Board also recommends to the Board of County Commissioners candidates for appointment to the advisory board.
Next Meeting Announcement
Friday May 26, 2023, at 5:00pm