The Thurston County Veterans Assistance Program helps eligible veterans or family members with one-time, emergent financial assistance for basic living expenses such as rent/housing, utilities and funeral expenses.
- Meet the definition of "veteran" as defined by RCW 73.08.005 including, but not limited to having received an honorable discharge or a general under honorable characterization of service.
- Resident of Washington State for at least six months immediately prior to application.
- Resident of Thurston County for at least 31 days immediately prior to application.
- Income eligible.
- Able to provide documentation proving eligibility, including verification of need.
How to Apply:
There are two ways to apply:
Thurston County Public Health and Social Services Veterans Assistance Program provided services.
- Veterans Assistance Program Policies and Procedures - Thurston County
- Veterans Relief: Chapter 73.08 RCW - Washington State Legislature
2-1-1 Call Center
Information and Referral Services
DD Form 214 Application
To apply for a copy of the DD214 visit:
DAV Volunteer Transportation Network American Lake & Seattle VA Hospital Van Transport
US Department of Veterans Affairs
Work Source - Local Veterans Employment Representative
VETERANS ADVISORY BOARD
The purpose of the Veterans Advisory Board is to advise the Thurston County Board of County Commissioners (BoCC) on the needs of local indigent veterans, the resources available to local indigent veterans and programs that could benefit the needs of local indigent veterans and their families. The Veterans Advisory Board also recommends to the Board of County Commissioners candidates for appointment to the advisory board.
Next Meeting Announcement
Monday, January 29th at 6:00pm
Lacey Veterans Services Hub
4232 6th Ave SE
Lacey, WA 98503