Office of Housing & Homeless Prevention
Thurston County’s Office of Housing and Homeless Prevention (OHHP) manages a mix of federal, state and local funds to support three objectives.
(1) Create and preserve decent affordable housing.
(2) End homelessness.
(3) Provide capital investments which improve the viability, livability, and economic stability of Thurston County communities, particularly low-and moderate-income communities.
The work is accomplished in partnership with the county’s housing and social service providers and in cooperation with cities.
With the exception of the federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds, OHHP works with the Regional Housing Council to allocate funds and establish regional priorities. CDBG funds are managed in coordination with the cities of Lacey, Tumwater, Yelm, Tenino, Rainier and the town of Bucoda.
OHHP also has responsibility for overseeing the homeless crisis response system (HCRS) in Thurston County. This is done through the creation and implementation of a 5-Year Homeless Crisis Response Plan, which is the basis for homeless services funding priorities. We also implement or support a variety of initiatives or efforts to reduce homelessness and to address racial and ethnic disparities within the HCRS.
Thurston County Housing Updates 2023
- Regional Housing Council News Release 09/12/2023 Franz Anderson Tiny Home Village Opens
- Regional Housing Council News Release 06/28/2023 Maple Court Enhanced Shelter Opens
- 2023 Rights of Way Initiative in Thurston County
Funding & Request for Proposals
Thurston County’s Office of Housing and Homeless Prevention Request for Proposals
In partnership with the Thurston Regional Housing Council, Thurston County’s Office of Housing and Homeless Prevention regularly solicits project proposals when housing funding becomes available for Thurston County. There are currently no requests for proposals.
Continue to check-in for updates, or email HousingThurston@co.thurston.wa.us to get added to the distribution list for upcoming announcements, or with any questions.
Grantee Orientation - August 3, 2023