Skip to main content

Thurston County, Washington

The content on the Thurston County website is currently provided in English. We are providing the “Translation” for approximately 10 languages. The goal of the translation is to provide visitors with limited English proficiency to access information on the website in other languages. The translations do not translate all types of documents, and it may not give you an exact translation all the time. The translations are made through an automated process, which may not result in accurate or precise translations, particularly of technical and legal terminology.

Public Works

How to report an issue

Public Works has two ways for you to report issues you notice on county roads. 

For after hours emergencies like blocked or flooding roads, please call the after hours number. The online form may not be checked until the next business day.

Always call in downed stop signs.


  • 360-867-2300 during regular business hours
  • 360-704-2740 after hours or on a weekend


  • Fill out the form on this page

What road issues can we assist you with?

Thurston County staff can assist with the issues like the examples below.

  • downed trees or tree limbs, or hazardous vegetation
  • damaged sidewalks
  • potholes or other roadway damage
  • flooded streets
  • objects or debris on the roadway or in the bike lane
  • deceased deer or elk (we do not pick up small or domesticated animals)
  • abandoned vehicles
  • excessive litter
  • downed traffic signs (except stop signs, you must call to report those)
  • traffic signal outage

Our crews do not respond to calls to remove deceased pets or small wildlife from the right of way. Please contact your local Animal Services department to remove deceased dogs and cats.